What is Neuro Linguistic Programming
Neuro Linguistic Programming was originated by John Grinder (linguistics) and Richard Bandler (mathematics and gestalt therapy for the purpose of modelling human excellence.
The first books where called The Structure of Magic Vol. 1 & 2 (1975 & 1976) where they explored the language and behavioual patterns of therapists Fritz Perls (gestalt therapy) and Virginia Satir (family therapist).
The next set of books examined the verbal and behaviouial patterns of Milton Erickson (founder of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosisi & acknowledged as one of the most successful psychiatrists of our times) and where called Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H. Erickson, M.D. Vol. 1 & 2 (1975 & 1976).
From this Grinder and Bandler explored the relationship between the brain, language and the body. This model started to grow with the advent of a series of books:
- Frogs Into Princes (Bandler & Grinder, 1979)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Vol. 1 (Dilts, Grinder, Bandler, DeLozier, 1980)
- Reframing (Bandler & Grinder, 1982)
- Using Your Brain For a Change (Bandler, 1985)
Fundamentally NLP is based upon:
- The Map is not the Territory
- People respond to their own reality
- No individual map of the world is any more real or true than any other
- Life and Mind are Systemic Processes
- Systems are self organizing and seek states of balance
- There are no failures, only feedback
To make changes we need to understand the present map of the world (present state) and add new and appropriate resources to the system, which leads us to the desired state (change).
Neuro Linguistic Programming has been designed to identify and define present states, resources needed which leads to effective and ecological change.
The best way to learn NLP, is to take a live training. You can take advantage of the free 2 days NLP training we offer you.