Now more than at any other time in history have stories had such impact. Stories have been shared in every culture as a means of entertainment, education and instilling moral values….so can you begin to imagine just how powerful stories can be?
From painted symbols found on cave walls to elaborate Hollywood film scripts, stories have always been around and this is your opportunity to use these to influence what you want in life.
In this highly interactive workshop we answer all these questions:
- How do we nurture our ideas and succeed in the world?
- How do we create enthusiasm for our staff for a new challenge or strategy?
- How do we communicate an idea so that people would listen and care?
- How do you get your personal message across in overcrowded markets?
The aims for Story Telling for Leaders:
- Use story telling to motivate teams
- Create a story telling culture to build brand
- Recognise the benefits of story telling within a company
- Recognising the different types of stories and impact
- Congruent in delivering and finding the right story to build brand
- Understanding the dynamics and effects of story telling
Researchers at Princeton University in 2010 discovered that storytellers cause the brains of their listeners to operate in synch with their own. This puts story telling right in front of the queue for as an all-time skill to influence.
So if you want to become a leader in your field this essential programme for story telling is a ‘must have’. By understanding that stories are a reflection of how our brains organise things, you will change lives, your company and succeed (98 ¾ guaranteed, you will move mountains)
“Intelligence is the ability to attain goals in the face of obstacles by means of decisions and actions based on rational rules. The quality intelligence is awarded to those who follow story structure” Pinker 1997
At the same time as exploring the benefits of story telling to your life and work, we will also explore:
- Research into story telling
- What are ‘schemas’?…. and how they apply to story telling
- The fundamental relationship between ideas and people
You will discover not only how the biggest names in any field have effectively used story telling, but also how you cando the same.
Architect of the human mind
It was researchers at Princeton University in 2010 which discovered that storytellers cause the brains of their listeners to operate in synch with their own. This biological mechanism that enables vicarious experience was only recently discovered. Groups of specialised neuron’s called “mirror neurons” exist opposite each other in the left and right hemispheres of the brain , allowing us to experience in our imagination what someone else is experiencing.
Great leaders can do this, and you will also.
All the following need stories:
- Sales Presentations
- Managers Teachers
You will learn
- 3 different structures for creating stories that stick
- How to find your stories
- How to use Powerpoint presentational software to build a story
- How to turn numbers into a story to spark action
- How to master this most powerful tool for:
- And of course Leadership
This is an Institute of Leaders and Management (ILM) approved course